A recent visit to Cozumel, Mexico, was fun and enjoyable. A shore excursion to Discover Mexico Park was very informative. Our tour guide was engaging, proud of his country, and shared lots of interesting details. Discover Mexico is one of the most seen parks in Cozumel that offers tourists a unique experience about Mexico. The park provides tourists an opportunity to learn about its collection of arts and crafts of the country. Their main objective is to portray Cozumel as not just another island of the Caribbean but part of a multi-diverse country. The $19.99 we spent for the tour was well worth it. Here are some of the facts communicated to our tour group:
- The official name of Mexico is “The Mexican United States.”
- The area of Mexico is 760,000 square miles.
- Mexico is the 11th most populated country (118 million in 2013).
- Mexico is the most populous Spanish-speaking country in the world.
- Mexico is the largest silver producer in the world.
- Mexico’s main exports are corn, beans, avocado, coffee, cotton, chocolate, chili, Tequila, and silver.
- Caesar salad was invented in Tijuana, Mexico.
- The smallest volcano in the world is located in Puebla, Mexico.
- Mexico is the country that has the highest per capita consumption of Coca-Cola in the world.
- The first person which patented color TV was Mexican; Guillermo Gonzalez Camarena, when he was 23 years old in 1940.
- Mexican presidents get elected every 6 years and there is no reelection.
- Mexico has no official religion; however, around 82% of the population is catholic.
- 51% of the population are women.
- The life expectancy in Mexico is around 75; in 1930 it was 34.
- The Mexico – U.S. border is the most frequently crossed international border in the world.
Our tour group arrived back at the cruise ship more informed and inspired as a result of our visit to Discover Mexico Park. Definitely suggest a visit.